Everyone has a choice to make when they wake up in the morning. Will today be a good day or a bad day? A “good day” all starts with positive thinking. A negative mindset translates into bad thoughts that will adversely affect our mood. But an optimistic mindset can be easily achieved. Here are some great tips to keep your mind happy and your thoughts positive!
The first step on the road to positive thinking begins with visualizing one’s wants in life and how to fulfill your goals. Keeping your goals in mind has been proven to contribute to a more successful life.
- Organizing a journal of all accomplishments, no matter the size, will give you a sense of fulfillment.
- Not only journaling accomplishments but also writing down goals and how you will go about achieving them, this gives your mind a road map and focuses your mind to follow through.
- At risk of sounding cheesy, leaving motivational sticky notes for yourself around the house is a great way to keep spirits high. Quotes like, “if you can’t change your situation, change your attitude” – Maya Angelou, or “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” –Winston Churchill, are great for inspiration.
It’s okay to not be okay
Another part of positive thought is living mindfully and being conscious of your feelings. The key is to accept that not everything is going to go your way, which will produce negative emotions, but that is okay. Take the setbacks and learn from them. Rather than punishing yourself for making a mistake, turn something negative into a positive. Reframing your state of mind when you are plagued with negative thoughts could lift feelings of anxiety and doubt.
- Work on breathing techniques to calm yourself down during any situation
- Meditation is a great way to get in touch with your inner thoughts and helps you listen to what your body needs to feel good
- Take ten minutes every day to collect your thoughts and have time with yourself
- For every negative thought that pops into mind, think of two positive thoughts
It is no easy task to completely change your way of thinking. Remembering not to stress about things that you do not have control over can save you feelings of worry and anxiety in the long run. Focusing on aspects of your life you have control over like mood, overall wellness, and how you treat others, will make the task of keeping a positive mindset easier to achieve!
LPL Tracking #1-05167519
Content provider: ReminderMedia